Prepare for Selling By
Fully Understanding Your Market
No matter how good a salesman you are, you won’t succeed just because you are a positive thinker. Before plunging into the sales process, you need to determine if indeed there is a market for your products or services.
Take a good look at your product or service from an objective standpoint. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is this product or service in constant demand?
- How many competitors provide the same service or product?
- Can I create a demand for my product or service?
- Can I effectively compete in price, quality and delivery?
- Can I price my product or service to give me the projected profit?
Once you are satisfied that these questions are answered, move on to performing market research. It should provide you with data on the following More…